Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Glorious Sunshine!

Just in from a sunny vacation in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island.

Grand Bahama Island is a most interesting place, and I hope not to go back any time soon. Ok, that's unfair. Like every other place in the world, it had its plusses and minuses. I almost drowned in the ocean, but there were no mosquitoes. There were too many rednecks with too much money, but the food was spectacular. All the rednecks assumed that I was Bahamian and therefore an employee everywhere I happened to be at the time. Because, you know, all the Bahamians are there to serve the visiting whiteys. In the course of 5 days, I have been a waitress, hotel receptionist, janitor and the girlfriend of a dwarf gas station attendant all because I am black. I don't blame them; na me carry myself go Bahamas.

It was still great fun, though. And I would go back again. I snorkeled for the first time, I gambled for the first time, I was given free drinks by a very handsome bartender for the first time in a long time...all in all, it was a fruitful vacation. This post will just be of a couple of my favorite pictures; later, I'll tell you how I nearly drowned without anyone noticing, a drowning which would most certainly have occurred if I had looked into the water and seen the giant barracuda that was apparently swimming right under me. God is good!
Happy New Year, everybody!


2 comments:

NaijaBloke said...

Oh so that na where u run go abi ...Happy new year and LOL@been a dwarf gas station attendant's GF ..

Anonymous said...

those are great pics.. look like u got em from a brochure or something!
so which is it, u going back or not??!
Happy double-oh-seven babe.