Sunday, May 03, 2009

writer's block

been sitting here for hours, trying to write.

tried to finish my series. i'm not doing it justice right now.

moved on, tried to write an article about the new wave of nigerian hip hop artistry. went on youtube to do research, got distracted for about 45 minutes trying to learn timaya's ridiculous but entertaining yankuluya dance. now i can't remember the original point i was trying to make.

thought i'd make a break for it, dash back to the past, and write something reminiscent of my more adventurous/procrastinatory days. but i think i'm getting...private. how fucking boring.

it was going to be titled "my vagina is dying" and even though it has nothing to do with death (or even vaginas, technically), i still can't write it.

i fucking hate writer's block, i really do. it comes at the most inopportune times. like, when you have a deadline. when people are counting on you to get something done. when you'll look most stupid if you don't finish something you started.

did i mention i'm developing a feature animation? my boss is expecting something great from me this week. i've figured out who the protagonists are, and that's about it. i'm so getting fired.

2 comments:

Moody Crab said...

The two linked posts had me in stitches!! Gosh, you're such a good writer. I envy you.

Re on "Floater", I've my Masters thesis glaring at me and tormenting my every move. I keep wondering how am going to come up with 20,000 intelligent and coherent words by August. I'm scared...

Please find a solution to this writers block. I need my daily dosage of Notes From Hyena's Belly to survive this last lap...


PS: I hope you fidn this link useful:

http://writetodone.com/2009/04/28/writers-blocka-thing-of-the-past/#more-1122

Patrice said...

I remember "The Floater" well, easily the funniest blog post I have ever read.