Sunday, September 27, 2009

romancing the keys: an ode to my compaq

ah, how i have missed you.

the words come to me slowly. i have been out of practice.
these fingers: they move more quickly than before, but clumsily. i do not remember you as i once did.

this is our last hurrah.
soon it will be the last time.
i have fallen for another.

three years we have known each other.
you have brought songs out of me, poetry. stories.
of discomfort. soreness.
exploration.
new beginnings.
unexpected ends.

the tale is complete.

and now your turn has come.
discarded onto a heap of electronic garbage, perhaps.
pulled apart by the deft fingers of the impoverished,
experts at discovering hidden value.
exploited for needing and knowing so little.

or handed down to one more needy, also lacking,
though more privileged in many ways.
little brother.
distant cousin, learning you in a ghanaian village.

you are magic.
but your sparkle has dissipated.
it is time to move on.

but for now
you remain
to tell the story of a closing chapter.

of romance that bloomed only to disappear sharply into a void of 'once-was'.
i am grateful.
of misery that tugged and pulled at itself until it discovered the hard seed of self-fulfillment.
my eyes have been opened.
of friendships, both quick and long-lasting.
i will cherish them. all of them.
of that which is new and will continue to reveal itself.
i will explore.
i have explored.

there is much to offer, and you have shown me this.
at once a tool and confidante,
you have served me well.
with fondness,

i bid you adieu.

7 comments:

Z said...

Fuck. I don't want you to leave :(

kulutempa said...

no, no. not leaving. just getting something new.

Patrice said...

Now that Windows 7 has arrived, I can finally do what you have done, albeit a bit less poetically.

You served me well
but for all I care
you can go to hell.

kulutempa said...

lol - is it every bit the redemptive jewel microsoft has been hoping for? i'm still trying to hop on the mac gravy boat...

Patrice said...

I don't know, but I suspect it will be something like this advertisement.

In the interest of equal time, I include this show . . .

raja sb. said...

ESET NOD32 is a cool and secure antivirus for the security of your computer form viruses attack.

Crack Beforesoft said...

I am glad to see your quality of work. This is really perspective designing. Thank yous for sharing a cute piece of information. link