Wednesday, December 13, 2006

E Gba Mi O!

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I have been in school for an unmentionable number of years, and I still cannot bring myself to stop procrastinating on my work. I have to complete a thirty-page paper by tomorrow morning. When did I start? Yesterday morning! Actually, I started last week Saturday, but in three days I only wrote 2 pages, so that doesn't count. I inevitably start doing very ridiculous things in an attempt to buy myself time. For example, I decided not to shower yesterday; I told myself that I could not afford to lose the 20 minutes it would take me to shower, apply lotion and get back in my bathrobe. Then I proceeded to spend an hour watching Roseanne. After I nearly suffocated from my own stench after I woke up this morning, I decided not to repeat that mistake. (I'm kidding; I never smell that bad. But this needs some drama, so I figured, why not?)

Anyway, so here I sit, wailing about the fact that, after donkey's years of experience and tons of papers under my belt, I am still scrambling frantically to finish within 2 days something that I had three months to work on. I need deliverance (as Mrs. Attabo of Victory House hostel used to tell me whenever I broke curfew or told a small fib, because she was convinced that I was possessed by Satan).

Pray for me, somebody. After this, I have to cram about eight or ten Yoruba proverbs for Friday afternoon, and then re-write this paper in order to re-submit it to another professor for another class by next Thursday because I didn't have time to research two separate topics. Am I a crook, or am I a crook? Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kokoro ton je efo...inu efo lo wa
om to wipe iya re on i sun...oun naa ole foju koorun

2 proverbs for u :)

and yet you found the time to blog.
and i have final next tuesday for which i will pobably kip church...yet i spent the last 4 hours on face book
its sad.

Anonymous said...

well, as someone wise once said - "if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done." and don't i know it! i remember how every single time i found myself in one of those there-is-NO-way-i'll-swing-this binds, i swore it was the last and gave myself stern covey-esque monologues on the importance of effective time-management. this was after i'd moved past the trite, nonsensical excuse we all employ about "working better under pressure"... bah!

if you haven't already got the paper in, all the best with that. caffeine and red bull all the way - the educational sector thanks them.

Anonymous said...

I am a hustler too. I did the same presentation on 3g networks for multiple classes... just brought in three different 'G' phones and fibbed thru.
They are still enamored by the magic.

Talatu-Carmen said...

i found your blog through saralynn's (i think you were in my sister Laura's class?) and I am thoroughly enjoying browsing through it. You are hilarious. I totally identify with you on this one, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who leaves 30 page papers till the night before. LOL. In fact, I am currently procrastinating finishing my thesis, so let me drag myself offline. Good luck!