Tuesday, June 19, 2007

iCry

Why, God, can I not afford the new iPhone?

All I want is to be able to surf the net, look at pictures, listen to music and answer my phone all with a mere flick of my finger.

I've had my Motorola Razr for less than six months, but held against this phenomenal gadget, it already seems like this stupid piece of crap has caused me an entire lifetime of suffering.

Every time I see the iPhone commercials (and there are surprisingly few of them), I try to rip out whole clumps of my hair. I claw at my face and unleash guttural howls at my TV, which now suddenly seems unworthy to capture the very iPhone commercial being aired. But Steve Jobs doesn't hear my cries. Steve Jobs doesn't feel my pain, the pain of a veritable gadget junkie. I have three cameras, four mobile phones, two home phones, a digital voice recorder, a tape recorder, two laptops, two TVs and two iPods, yet none of these have what it takes to quench this yearning inside me for yet another electronic gadget - the gadget that surpasses them all.

This sucks.

It's funny - for someone so cheap and financially practical, I will spare no expense to buy electronic equipment. I'm like the man I never was.

11 comments:

Nonesuch said...

i'm first. u sound very familiar but women too have their 'craze' designer shoes and bags, gold and all sorts. i guess its part of what makes us human some unfounded need to acquire more and more.

kulutempa said...

lol...i AM a woman!

Anonymous said...

lol..of course, you're a woman !!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, nice blog and congrats on your graduation....wish you all the best life has to offer...I 2 love the new I-Phone and hope to get it as a bday gift(crossing my fingers)...lol..btw, am lol@ nonesuch comments...cant belive he/she thot u were a guy...

Omolola said...

lol @icry...I love mi d iphone as well,but my pocket no gree mi.abeg my sister kulutempa(pun intended).maybe if u sell 1 of ur tvs u'll be able to get 1.....just kidding...lurv ur blogg babes xxx

Anonymous said...

Wait until the iSnorkle comes out . . . that will be the true test of your gadget junkiness.

What's next on your agenda Kulutempa? PhD?

Nonesuch said...

of course you are a woman. how is it going with the therapy?

kulutempa said...

patrice, you are evil! i'm getting back in the ocean, believe it or not - i'm conquering all my fears one by one. i'm going back for the phd in a few years, but right now - work!

Just said...

I've rediscovered your blog! First time since my old hard drive crashed a couple of months ago. Man I'm packed full of comments but too many. First I really really liked the shit story, girl if only i could tell you about the perils of an insufficient diet. Dear god, the battle against feces has been raging since the beginning of time but has never been recounted as humoursly as "Floater." Also i have a weird take on promiscuity and really question the moral foundation of our aversion to it. Finally, I want the IPhone, i too cry...every night...for hours on end. And yeah, maybe if you dash me some gadgets I'll take to some people about getting you that phone, i've got connections. Believe.

kulutempa said...

when your connections get YOU the iPhone, we'll talk. nonsense! but seriously, if you can make that happen, we should talk. i will give you one iPod. :-D

Anonymous said...

Kulu-kulu(on da radio)...oya forward me ya address now-now, i will send you duct tape to marry ya Razr + iPod == iPhune. Problem solved. QED!

Gosh, I'm so freakin' smart and creative, Steve Jobs ain't got nuffin' on this puppy...maybe *I* should go to Yale!

:D

-oo-

ps: Howzit?