Thursday, July 26, 2007

Has It Come to This?

Al-Qaeda meets Nigeria by way of Illinois in this story (taken from the Associated Press website).

Ok, that was a bit sensational, but only in keeping with the spirit of the article. Apparently, so long as it's a person of color handling the gun, it's tantamount to terrorism. The Arabs get some media respite...equal opportunity damning...I find it somewhat refreshing. In any case, this boy deserves some major punishment. Not just for feeling like he's Tupac up in damn Edwardsville, Illinois (for crying out loud, Tosin!), but for so foolishly imagining he could get away with it all. In 2007. I can't even believe he'd be chasing this much drama, with his Yoruba self - you won't go and read book like your mates, you're toting semi-automatic weapons and trying to emulate deranged Asian killers. So tragic...

7 comments:

Atutupoyoyo said...

Disgraceful. There is no limit to the stupidity of an impressionable mind.

The media will no doubt paint a picture of another rap-deranged delinquent if he is found guilty. I wonder if rap today is anything near as explosive as it was when I was growing up. I listened to NWA, Snoop, Spice 1. None of which gave me the insatiable urge to be all "gangsta". Was it a lack of accessibility? Or could I just tell my arse from my elbow?

I feel sorry for his parents who will no doubt even struggle to come to terms with Tosin's stupidity.

uknaija said...

Did he or his parents cross seven rivers and seven oceans to go and be following American children to be playing with gun? Stupid shil! na im parents I dey pity

amebo said...

When l saw the name, my heart sank. l had to say a prayer for his parents and all of us naija period. This is truly a sad story.

Femme said...

you wont go and read book like your mates lol
true talk!
since when did nigerian children start this one. our crimes are usualy passive agressive i.e 19
they should just flog him and send him home. foolish boy.

Ozymandias said...

you won't go and read book...hahahah...spoken like my father in those days...but seriously, the last thing Nigerians and black people need is to be associated with terrorism, what with the numerous crimes already attributed to Nigerians and blacks in America...terrorism would be the end!!!! Abeg Tosin..take ya time o !!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

" you won't go and read book like your mates, you're toting semi-automatic weapons and trying to emulate deranged Asian killers. So tragic..."

Okay, i wrote about this over the weekend and have thought about it for a while since. You have managed to make me laugh about a situation that has bothered meall weekend. Not sure if it was your intention, but thanks all the same.

Yes, Olutosin should have known much better considering the security climate in the U.S. The suggestions that his actions are somehow related to his rap aspirations are flimsy and inconsequential. Anyway, I will wait to hear more facts before coming to any personal conclusions. Like I said before - Na wa oh.

Anonymous said...

....the good thing is they didn't mention any connection to Nigeria in the story.
What the heck was he thinking...