Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Please...Help Me...

I'm bored with my music selection. I have over 1,000 songs on my hard drive and about 70 CDs and I can't find anything to listen to. So I'm enlisting your help, internet buddies.

I like:

R&B (which is a wide-open genre, I know, but let the depth of the lyrics guide you to the right choice for your beloved kulutempa :-D)
Jazz
Sounds of the Continent (kwaito, ndombolo, highlife, soukous, etc.)
Alternative Rock
Punk Rock
Reggae & Soca

I like more than that, but let's start there for now. There's a lot of room for choice in there.

This is serious. I need you to care about this dilemma. Music is my life. I don't have cable, and I can sense that I will be so done with my hookah before long (I smoked myself into a headache yesterday...apparently, your body can't take that much oxygen-deprivation without reacting to it in a negative way). This is also a reflection of your own music tastes, so don't send me crap! And just to make this interesting: $20 to the person who sends me the best selection. Are you interested?

Speaking of which: "Mean Gene", Esq., you need to send me that Jonathan Scofield (sp?) pronto! Four months I've been waiting...is it right? Is it fair?

For clarification: I'm not asking for music files or CDs or vinyl...just the names of songs or albums that I will try to get a hold of by myself. I thank you in advance for your LOVING concern and assistance in my time of need :-).

9 comments:

NaijaBloke said...

Kulu all I listen too now Oldies,Naija jams and all other african music o.Men I just got a song from a guy from Ghana called "Shorry" for "Shorty" ..lol.U need to see me jamming away in my car.

kulutempa said...

that should be worth a laugh. ghanaians tend to tickle my funny bone quite well. where i fit find that jam, abeg?

Anonymous said...

have u ever tried pandora.com?
their software manages to find the oddest songs that u
a. havent heard in ages
b. have never heard before
based on their similarity to music u have identified as liking...i live for pandora.

kulutempa said...

ok, ok...we're getting somewhere now...thanks for that!

NaijaBloke said...

Kulu I will try and get the name of the group,but I got the song on a CD from Naija,u know we listen to anything in naija now.

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs. Try Corrine Bailey Ray out. Her music is fresh, fun, and soulful. Let me know what you think of it!

Anonymous said...

hey don't worry... when i get my lagbaja cd i'll brun it for you. By the way wetin do your Osadebe?

kulutempa said...

@ adaure: will i listen to osadebe forever? i "know" the lyrics to all those songs and i don't even understand igbo! lol...but i already have the lagbaja o (the new one, abi?), so don't worry, but thank you! (no $20 for you..lol!)

Anonymous said...

have you heard Leela James? one of the best out there hands down! love her to death, also try Res if you haven't already...

@naija bloke, the song is shordy and its by praye. there is also castro the destroyer (my personal favorite and ghana's own fiddy...lol), daddy lumba is also off the hook, sidney, VIP... don't ask but I got soo "into" ghanaian songs, thanks to this man wey i come like, only to find out he doesn't even own 1 CD from his peeps... now am hooked and wont stop collecting, that highlife/hiplife is the shizznit!!! I have the songs and can send them, lemme know...