Friday, September 15, 2006

Remember These??


People keep trying to pull me deeper into this YouTube frenzy and sadly, I find myself drawn into the fog and quicksand. However, this was a gem of a discovery! My favorite was always the 'Super Visco Static' by AP, mainly because AP sponsored my dad's sitcom, Basi and Company, and so I watched this ad constantly for a whole season until they pulled the plug on him and his mouth!

Doesn't this just conjure up some fabulous memories? For me, I remember Checkmate, Behind the Clouds, The Rich Also Cry, Things Fall Apart and, for some bizarre reason, Sunday Rendezvous. Nothing like watching some bushmeats from Ajegunle getting hot and sweaty in a random "nightclub", then choking themselves on La-la-la-Limca just to win an umbrella! LOL...ah, good times, good times! I still remember some of those steps...actually, I remember seeing people seriously bobbing up and down and wondering what on earth they were doing with their feet that was making them dance like that. Man...where have the good times gone?

What does this stuff remind you of?

By the way, that Joy girl has some big ass teef! Lol...perhaps there is hope for people like me after all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...i still remember using some of this stuff-especially the premier soap;my mom would not let me go near the expensive joy soap. great blog. brings back memories of the good old days. keep it coming.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This just brought a memory wave. ... Amazing, thanks!

Anonymous said...

giiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrll...you should upload episodes of basi/bassey and compay...i dont have tv so i ive for you tube or atom films...id even pay for them :)

Anonymous said...

lol.. guess we all found this video this week. Yeah it would be a trip if you could upload bassey and company on U-tube. I would also like to see New Masquerade again

Anonymous said...

how come, I only see a big Q sign instead of videos?

kulutempa said...

If the Q is sky-blue against a white background, you probably need Quicktime installed on your computer (though I don't see why). More than likely, you need Flash software...do you have that?

kulutempa said...

@ adaure: i sent it to you, you dweeb! found ko, located ni.

Uzo said...

LOL. Madam de Madam - Its a matter of cash.

You so need to send us all episodes of those Basi & company. I am hunting for copies of Things Fall Apart.

I remember Sunday Rendevouz. What a riot. Aah the good old days

Omo Ibadan said...

I miss Naija :(

NaijaBloke said...

Kulu abeg if u have Basi and CO on disc abeg I no mind o.That used to be my show back then.

kulutempa said...

all requests for Basi and Co. have been noted. i'll try and make it happen come Christmas break. it would be pretty exciting to watch those shows again, for real.