Thursday, August 30, 2007

At this moment...

Right now, I'm not at work. The sterile cardboard cubicle is not closing in on me. The steely-cold glare of the flourescent light is not a spotlight on my disappointment and failure.

Right now, I'm outside on a sunny day, enveloped in cool breezes, looking at the water.
I'm barefoot in a hammock, wrapped in my white kaftan and letting wind-borne drops of water kiss my face, my neck, my feet.
I have a pen in my hand and a small leather book pressed against my thighs, propped up by my bent knees.

I'm not here.
(There.)

14 comments:

uknaija said...

Lucky you...

Omodudu said...

I am so not jealous....Noooooooooooo

Omodudu said...

Naaa I am back...for you to make this post the computer has to be pressed to your thighs...ching ching...I am hating just had to come burst the whole Orwell thing going on here.

kulutempa said...

y'all are way too literal...

Anonymous said...

mind over matter, huh? It isn't working, is it?

Uzo said...

I saw hammock and froze...I have a wish to be in a hammock...Will i fall? Will i tip over? Is it as romantic as it looks? LOL

Tutsy said...

Enjoy!

Talatu-Carmen said...

mmmmmmm and the faint clack, clack of palm trees overhead, and a soft shhshhhshhh of the ocean on a Togo beach, a breeze, the grainy sand under feet-a French children's book--that's my place...

Atutupoyoyo said...

I feel you on that one. Did you delete a post? What happened to the things you hate now you are 25 post?

kulutempa said...

deleted it. Paranoid. Too many skulkers on this blog, man.

Adaure Achumba said...

i feel u on this one babes.... sometimes u just have to imagine it to get thorough the rest of the day

Atutupoyoyo said...

You're telling me! Hmmmm… you will have to tell me at some other time and place what happened exactly.

uknaija said...

I'm Nigerian...what do you expect ;-)...all this airy fairy dreamy nonsense... mtchew

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I wanted to say that I was jealous, but saw your comment about people being too literal. So....